On the night of December, 30th, someone passing by had noticed something wrong. At 417 West 1st Ave. (Downtown Kennewick), smoke came out of the building, prompting the arrival of the Kennewick Fire Department.

Maria and Sady Navarro had awaken the next day to find their business destroyed by fire and fire hoses, and years of hard work gone. Many people rely on them, especially on the turn of the year. They help those in our community understand how taxes work and strive to aid many low-income families. The Navarro's have initiated a gofundme page, where "no amount is too small and every donation is acknowledged with a great deal of appreciation."

More From 105.3 KISS FM