TIPS: Don’t Make This the Worst Super Bowl Potluck Party Ever
I love going to at-work potlucks, but ever since I found a cat hair in a co-worker's potluck dish a few years ago, I am wary to eat other people's food. I especially despise it when coworkers bring macaroni salads and anything with quinoa. I do like CARBY kinda foods, though.
Meanwhile, our boss informed us that we are having a Super Bowl Potluck today and that he's bringing his freaking yummy cheesy spinach dip. I'm looking forward to eating that.
I have no idea what dish I will be bringing to the potluck today. I will probably end up bringing a bag of ice and some cups because I waited until the last minute and now I don't have time to cook anything fancy. I did a poll to see what my Facebook friends suggest and got some great ideas!
I stopped writing this to run and go look at what food is in the conference room for our potluck, and from the looks of it, so far, no one has brought anything other than plates, napkins and a bag of chips. Boooooo!
Our "potluck" is looking pretty weak right now, so I've GOT to bring some of the old razzle-dazzle to the table.
Call me bougie if you want to, but here's what I DON'T want to see at our company potluck today:
- Macaroni Salad
- Wings (unless they are BONELESS)
- Rice Cakes
- Tasteless Quinoa Salads
- Veggie Food Tray (that's an old and stale dish to bring)
All I know is that I had better not see any raisins in the potato salad, no weird food items in the mac & cheese (like peas, carrots or asparagus), and if somebody brings a tuna dish, it had better have some bits of hard-boiled egg in it!
Here's what I DO want to see at our company Super Bowl potluck today, besides the cheesy spinach dip:
- Mango Habanero Boneless wings from Buffalo Wild Wings (YASSS! It makes my eyes cry literal tears of pain, but it's so hot and delicious!)
- Rotel Cheese Dip
- Baked Mac & Cheese
- Cheddar Bay Biscuits from Red Lobster (that's so random, right?!)
- Boston Baked Beans
- Pulled Pork BBQ sandwich with Level 4 hot sauce, Kansas City-style GO CHIEFS!
- Cole Slaw
- And in honor of the 49ers and because it is an iconic "San Francisco Treat" from my childhood, some Rice-er-Roni!
THAT'S IT! I'm know what I'm gonna make now. If you will excuse me, I'm just going to sneak out the side door of the building, run to the store and whip up something special for our company Super Bowl Potluck. GO 49ERS!
My heart...belongs to RICE-A-RONI!